Apr 19, 2017
3 Year Schools, Kids, and The Business Road in
Today we're going to be talking with Shannon Staton
Director of Education and Professional Development at RXinsider in
Warwick, Rhode Island. Originally from the small seaside town of
South Dartmouth Massachussetts, She earned a bachelors and masters
in business at the University of Rhode Island and earned her PharmD
in an accelerated program at the University of Saint Joseph School
of Pharmacy. A three time marathon runner qualifying for Boston
with a time of 3 hours 27 minutes and she ran both the 2012 and
2013 Boston Marathons.
- Everyone’s leadership road is a little different, yours
started in business school, tell us how you got into
- You picked a 3-year program and went through with your
sister, what was that like?
- You mentioned at the end of that term, you were
literally holding an infant while you were Skyping in to your last
class. What was it like in that last year of pharmacy school, what
tips can you give busy parents?
- Some pharmacists are looking for alternate careers in
pharmacy, some with significant autonomy or creative license, can
you tell us about your work at RxInsider?
- Does your job involve significant travel? Tell us the
pros and cons of a career like that.
- We’ve met on LinkedIn, tell me how you use social media
personally and professionally including MyCred.
- You have a clear passion for working within a creative
group, what’s it like to have that kind of group dynamic, how are
doing many team projects different than maybe a traditional
- How did the University of Rhode Island prepare you for
the work you do? How did the University of St. Joseph prepare you
for the work that you do?
- You’re a marathoner (so am I, but I’m a 3:50 - 4:10
marathoner), how would you equate pharmacy to
- I’ve been to Woonsocket, but tell me a little bit about
Rhode Island and West Hartford Connecticut, what’s it like to spend
college years there?
- What blanket advice would you have for new
Shannon Staton (email:
Director of Education and Professional Development at
RxInsider Univ of St. Joseph College of Pharmacy
Phone: 1 774 263 8698
Shannon Staton on twitter @pharmacyinspo