Jun 11, 2014
1) What seems to be the main cause for the polypharmacy cases you see?
2) What are the main reasons we are seeing an increase in polypharmacy?
3) How can you as a pharmacist reduce polypharmacy?
4) Are older patients aware of the risks associated with polypharmacy? How can we make them more evident?
5) How can you as a pharmacist reduce OTC polypharmacy?
About Anyssa Garza:
Anyssa Garza is an experienced researcher, pharmacy administrator, and psychiatric pharmacist. As a cross-disciplinary expert, Anyssa helps develop RxWiki’s growing content and service offerings.
As a published scientist, Anyssa has been recognized for her research in the area of pharmacology having produced primary literature modeling the neuromuscular effects of alcohol and alcohol addiction.
She was formerly the Director of Pharmacy for a Central Texas Department of Aging and Disability facility and brings years of experience in caring for complex, underserved patients. She earned her Doctor of Pharmacy at the University of Texas.