Jan 13, 2015
Topic: Common Misconceptions in Pharmacy: The Truth about Vaccines
What are some common misconceptions involving vaccines
1) The “Overloaded Immune System” Misconception
2) Diseases are rare now. Immunizations are not really necessary.
3) My child cannot receive immunizations if she has a cold, fever or is taking antibiotics.
4) Immunizations cause harmful side effects and illnesses. (Seizures, Autism)
5) Influenza Vaccines Are Not Effective
6) Flu vaccine causes the flu
Anyssa Garza, Pharm.D.
RxWiki Director, Life Sciences Library