Feb 2, 2010
Pharmacy HIPAA Compliancy & the increased concern for patient privacy in 2010: An interview with HIPAA Compliancy Expert & Consultant – Jeff Hedges
The importance of an independent pharmacy being HIPAA compliant is more relevant and important than ever before. With the signing of the HITECH Act as part of the federal stimulus plan pharmacy owners may be inspected for HIPAA violations at anytime.
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act provides a tiered system for assessing the level of each HIPAA privacy violation and, therefore, its penalty:
The HITECH Act also allows states’ attorneys general to levy fines and seek attorneys fees from covered entities on behalf of victims. Courts now have the ability to award costs, which they were previously unable to do.
RJ Hedges & Associates will develop policies and procedures that incorporate your work practices; address Medicare Quality Standards; and meet the accreditation board’s requirements.
R. J. Hedges & Associates
978 Pumphouse Road
New Florence, PA 15944
· will include policies and procedures that are required from other regulatory agencies (e.g. Fire and Safety; Fraud, Waste and Abuse, MSDS requirements)
· will provide computer based video training, addressing specific areas of the Medicare DMEPOS Quality Standard
· will prepare and assist you in the submission of your accreditation and Medicare applications
· There are no surprises, no writing of procedures, no upfront fees. Just a questionnaire to complete.
· 100% accreditation success rate.
· Accreditation program is prepared in its entirety for your individual organization and is backed with train
· This accreditation program is prepared in its entirety for your individual organization and is backed with training, updates and expert support.